Monday, October 22, 2012

Loaded Baked Potato Soup - Two Ways

{ My Husband's Soup -- see mine below }
I have a picky eating husband who won't ever eat a vegetable.  This recipe works well for us because you can make it two different ways.  You honestly could throw all the ingredients together and mix in the serving bowl, however I always make our dinners "buffet style" that way my husband can skip the veggies all together.  This soup is really easy to make, and very filling! 

Ingredients:
2 XL Baking Potatoes, or 4 smaller potatoes
1 Can of Campbell's Chicken Broth
1 Cup of Milk (I used skim)
Bacon
Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I use Kraft Extra Sharp Cheddar)
Top The Tater or Sour Cream
Broccoli 
Diced Red Onion  
Salt & Pepper to taste

Bacon:
Preheat oven to 400 and line a cookie sheet with tin foil.  I only cook as much bacon as we will eat so I don't waste it.  This dinner I used 9 strips (5 for my husband and 4 for me). Cook the bacon for 12 minutes and flip bacon.  Put the bacon back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes depending on how crispy or soggy you like your bacon.  You can always cook it stovetop too if you prefer.

Potatoes:
With a paring knife peel the skin layer off the potatoes & cut potatoes into small pieces.  Add potatoes to a large pot of cold water and bring to a boil.  Cook the potatoes until they soft and almost ready to mash.

Broccoli: 
Steam broccoli in a steam basket.

Once the potatoes are soft add them to a large microwavable bowl.  Add the milk and can of chicken broth, stir.  Microwave for 5 minutes, stir.  Microwave for another 5 minutes.  Mash the potatoes with a potato masher until all potatoes are mashed.

Serve buffet style! Start with the potato soup as a base and add bacon, onions, steamed broccoli, Top The Tater, & Cheddar Cheese - as much, or as little as you like!

{ My Soup }

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...